Firma / Institution
Bonn, NRW, Deutschland
Founded in 1972, IFOAM – Organics International works as an agent of change, advocating for true sustainability in agriculture, value chains, and consumption. We are an international non-profit organisation with a membership spanning around 100 countries that promotes a holistic approach to food systems based on the principles of health, ecology, fairness, and care.
We are looking to strengthen our organisation and work implementing projects across different countries with the aim to promote organic agriculture. To this end we are looking for a Project Coordinator to join our Capacity Development team.
Specifically, you will be involved in the following project and activities:
- “Capacity Development of Change Agents for Ecological Organic Agriculture in Africa” (KCOA), a project funded by GIZ.
- “Green Innovation Centers for the Agriculture and Food Sector” (GIC), a project funded by GIZ.
- Supporting the development of a new strategy for our organisation’s Global Organic Academy. The Academy will evolve into a new concept that aims to better answer the challenges faced by the food and agriculture sector today. For this, a new strategy and business model will be developed and implemented with the contribution of the Project Coordinator.
Duties and key responsibilities
Academy coordination (20%):
- Support in establishing/maintaining the knowledge platform for the OLC (Organic Leadership Course) alumni network and database
- Establish communication with potential partners/sponsors and support the development of strategic agreements
- Coordinate the implementation of Academy trainings and other events
- Support the new strategy development process for the Academy
- Support the development of project and consultancy proposals
Project coordination (80%):
- Coordinate the implementation of projects according to the donor’s and IFOAM -Organics International’s rules and regulations
- Prepare the operational reports and support the finance department in preparing financial reports
- Keep and maintain monitoring tools for the entire project cycle (i.e. work plans, result-based plans, cash flows, budget monitoring, etc.)
- Support partner organizations and lead experts in a timely implementation of project work plans
- Monitor project progress by following up with partners and lead experts on indicators, milestones and deadlines of project activities and reports
- Support the development of communication materials (website and social media)
- Liaise with the donor agency and participate in project meetings (online and on-site)
- Academic background in agricultural sciences or related disciplines
- At least 3 years of experience in the development sector, ideally in the coordination of projects related to organic and sustainable agriculture or capacity building
- Experience organizing trainings in organic farming and agroecology to farmers, extensionists, CSO staff, entrepreneurs, public officers, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Proficient using online platforms like MS Teams and Zoom and online collaborative tools, like Miro and similar.
- Proficient in English. German and French language skills are highly desirable.
- Communicative, cooperative personality and enjoy working in a team
- Availability and willingness to travel frequently
We offer a full-time or part-time position, initially until July 2024, with the possibility of extension. IFOAM - Organics International offers a gross annual salary range comparable with other international NGOs, depending on the qualifications and experience.
Bewerbung / Kontakt
How to apply?
Please submit your application by email in one single file (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than March 29th, 2023, indicating in the subject line the title of the position you apply for.
Your application must include your CV and a cover letter including your salary expectations. Additional documents may be requested at a later stage.