Communication manager for research projects
Firma / Institution
Forschungsinstitut für biologischen Landbau FiBL
The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL) in Switzerland is one of the leading global research centres for organic farming, promoting excellence for sustainability. FiBL has offices in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, France and Belgium. The communication group within the Department of Training, Extension and Communication at FiBL Switzerland provides a variety of media services for the institute and for the organic sector in general. FiBL communication publishes magazines and newsletters, it designs and hosts websites and produces manuals, leaflets and other materials for various target groups in Switzerland and internationally. Furthermore, it manages dissemination and communication in many international projects related to sustainable agriculture.
Starting from April 2020 or by agreement, we are looking for a Communication manager for research projects on organic agriculture, 80 to 100 % to produce and edit scientific and technical information and to manage pertinent websites (for scientists, advisors and practitioners) in English.
- Writing and editing texts including scientific and technical information, web items, project reports
- Proactive management of websites in the field of organic agriculture including project websites
- Coordinating the development and publication of various online and print publications
- You have an excellent command of English and German, very good writing skills and you are an experienced copy editor
- Ideally, you are bilingual (English and German)
- You have experience with video-making and/or an interest in further developing your skills in this field
- You are an agronomist or similar and have a strong interest in agronomic research
- You have experience with and enthusiasm for web editing/management
- You are a self-organised and self-motivated worker, and you have excellent communication and project management skills
- You are flexible and able to work under pressure
- You are willing to travel internationally
What we can offer
You will have the opportunity to work within an interdisciplinary communication team, where you will take overall responsibility for a wide range of exciting project areas. You will be working in an attractive environment in Frick (Switzerland) and will enjoy flexible working conditions.
For further questions, please contact Dr Helga Willer, phone +41 62 865 72 07, helga.willer(at)fibl.org.
Please send your application documents (cover letter, CV, certificates) by February 29 to bewerbung(at)fibl.org.